City transformation and transition specialist Megan Sharkey will teach workshop participants the tools and templates to help build and accelerate micromobility transitions.
The workshop will break down the framework for change into simple parts that anyone can use, regardless of background, skills or job. You don’t need transport, planning or other specialist knowledge, you just need to want to change your street for the better.
A new Better Streets program will be used as an example for the vision, key questions and alliances.
It will examine:
- elements of a successful campaign
- building a coalition and engaging with other groups
- understanding stakeholders and your circle of influence
- developing actions and tactics
- how to utilise 'citizen science' to push campaigns further
- capturing baseline data
- using data as a tool for the media and to get others involved
In the workshop, you will:
- receive free templates and guides
- break out into groups doing different tasks and creating actions and steps to enable your campaign
- bring group tasks back into the bigger ecosystem and connect the dots
Interested in learning how to run the workshops and become a trainer to run and host workshops for local advocacy groups?
Contact Megan on email@example.com